Friday, April 13, 2012

Cleaning Out

  My husband has orders to a new base and we will be moving in a couple of months.  The closer we get to the moving date the more I crave simplicity.  I do not want to start life in a new location with all my old junk!  I tend to hold on to things just in case I need them someday.   Today, as I was going through my clothes, it dawned on me how many things that I own that I don't need.  I can't take it all with me.  Why do I feel the need to have so much?  In the grander scheme of things very few, if any of these earthly possesions will matter.  ( I must say that some of them make life awfully nice though!) 
    My goal is to pare down as far as I can.  I want plenty of room in my life and my home for the things that matter the most.  I don't want to be held back by things.  When I can, I like to give what I don't need directly to those who can use it.  When I can't,  I donate it.  While I love sharing my abundance with others I am starting to realize that I would save so much time and money if I was just more careful before I ever let things into the house to begin with.  We are military.  We will be moving over and over again.  Hopefully I can be disiplined and keep this in mind when I am tempted to buy things that may be nice but that we don't really need in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment