Friday, October 26, 2012

Book Review- Understanding World Religions in 15 Minutes a Day

   I found Understanding World Religions in 15 Minutes a Day" by Garry R. Morgan to be a fascinating read.  True to its title it is broken up into informative, bite size chapters.  The writing style is clear and the content is very understandable.  It covers many religions, some of which I knew of and some that I didn't even know existed.
    This small book answers a lot of questions.  I was amazed at how much of our modern culture is influenced by some of these religions and how naive I was to it. I feel like I at least have some basic insight now that I previously lacked. 
    This book is a wonderful introduction to world religions.  While it is very much an overview, it is perfect for someone who wants to be better informed but doesn't have a lot of time or desire to read volumes on the topic.  I highly recommend it. 

I recieved a free copy of this book to review from Bethany House publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment