Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Currently

The idea was to post this yesterday but the last few days were extra busy, so today it is! Thanks again for restarting this Katy Upperman!

Loving...
I'm loving watching the tiny tomatoes on our plants grow, my six year old discovering that she can read the Ramona books on her own, cuddling with my almost four year old in the early mornings, watching my oldest son teach his sister how to ride a bike.

Reading...
I read Magonia by Maria Dahvanna Headley. What an unusual book! I think my mouth dropped open a few times. I loved how unique and unexpected it was. Today I finished reading The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West and it was sweet and light like I was hoping. I'm now reading The Cage by Megan Shepard. 

Watching...
I finished watching Forever and I'm in mourning that it was canceled. I loved everything about that show but the characters were the thing I'll miss the most. I watched the pilot episode of Wayward Pines and it was creepy and compelling. 

Listening to...
I've been listening to a variety of folk music or music with a bit of that sound mixed in. 

Thinking about...
I've been thinking about summer and what I want to work on with my kids during our summer school session. We homeschool on an all year schedule so while we will have some extra time off, we will still be doing lessons. I want our summer lessons to be hands on and fun, not overly bookish. 

Anticipating...
I'm excited for June and JuNoWriMo.

Wishing...
I want to take my kids to see a waterfall. We see the ocean all the time, and its beautiful but my younger two don't remember waterfalls. Maybe we will find one when we go on vacation.

Making Me Happy...
Taking my kids for bike rides, watering the flowers I planted under the front windows, reading in the evenings, learning about the characters in the book I'm planning, learning how to do different sorts of braids on my daughter's hair.


1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful idea, trying to find a waterfall while on vacation. Everyone should see one in person at least once.

    ReplyDelete