Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pressing on, and on, and on

  I haven't been as active with my blog as I was.  My writing time is so limited that some days ( most days) I have to choose if I want to keep up with blogging or spend my time on my WIP.  This month it has been my WIP that has taken the front seat.  It is over 25k now!  It was under 3k at the beginning of the month.  I've learned a few things this month.
  1. I love twizzlers.  They are amazing to snack on while working through plotting issues.
  2. I can write complete scenes, answer millions of questions from my four and six year old and keep an eye on my toddler at the same time.  Its exhausting but it can be done!
  3. I should stock up on paper plates next time I attempt a WriMo.
Riveting discoveries, aren't they ?!?
Oh and one more discovery.  I write better if I actually get some sleep.  Weird!

16 comments:

  1. I'm impressed you can multi-task when you write... kids seem to know instinctively when you need peace and quiet, and then do the exact opposite :-) Well done on the word count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do! I can only multi-task for so long but it can be enough to keep my imagination active until I have some quiet.

      Delete
  2. Ah, sleep, how I miss you....

    I can't multi task like that when writing. I tend to wait until the kids go to bed to write, otherwise my manuscript will read "when the sun finally will you stop hitting your sister?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, I wonder if I have any sentences like that I haven't discovered yet.Its very possible.

      Delete
  3. What a great word count, Well done! Paper plates sound like a great idea for a WriMo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought a pack of paper plates at the market yesterday. I'm hoping it helps.

      Delete
  4. Good discoveries. The trick is to not have to learn them over and over new every time.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job. 22k is many times higher than I've ever written in one month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on your WIP! That's' a huge number of words to have finished. And you're still keeping extra eyes on your little urchins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed. I couldn't write with the kids even in the house, until recently (now that they are teens, they can actually be quiet for longer periods, and I can sort of turn off my "Mommy radar.").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not as effective when I'm writing with the kids around but its nice to make a little progress during the day.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for adding me to your circles, Sarah! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often struggle with whether to work on my WIP or blog as well. I enjoy both. There's never enough time for both though. I think I could be at the computer all day, if I had no interruptions. :-) My kids are older now, but I remember writing when they were young. It came in snatches and fits and starts for me. You sound like a master and keeping an eye on everything!

    ReplyDelete