Monday, February 10, 2014

Writer Recharge Update, Week One


 It's time for Writer's Recharge update one!  Find more details HERE about this month-long motivational writing challenge co-hosted by Sara Biren and Katy UppermanAlison MillerLiz Parker, and Elodie Nowodazkij


This is going to be a brief post.  Why? Cause I didn't make my goals and I have time to get at em right now if I don't waste it!  My goals for the month are:
  • Finish the first draft of my fairytale inspired WIP
  • Find a better name for the afore mentioned WIP.  I've been calling it Mirra but it needs something a bit more imagination grabbing.
  • Revise two scenes a week on Slumber
  • Write 6 days a week.  
I stared at my WIP.  I don't think that counts.  I've been brainstorming themes and ideas for a name and I don't have one yet but I'm not in a rush.  I revised part of two scenes... (which is what I'm going to work on as soon as this is posted!) and I didn't write six days.  I'm not sure how many I did...   I have excuses of course but there are always excuses so I'm not going to even get into that.  I'm going to get to work!

Before I go, this weeks goals:
  • write/revise six days even if I only have minutes at a time.
  • Finish revising the two scenes I'm working on and revise two more.
  • Keep track of my progress (word count ect.) and how many days I write.
Happy writing everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goals! You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower saying hello from Writer Recharge. I see that you're with IWSG too. I don't believe we've crossed paths on IWSG days yet.

    Good luck with your goals this week. Don't underestimate how much a writer can get done in minutes! Sometimes a few more minutes are all we need to finish up that chapter. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I don't believe I've seen you on IWSG either. Will have to remedy that!
      What a great reminder! Thank you :) I always think I need a big chunk of time but I usually have about the amount of time it takes my toddler to eat a snack.

      Delete
  3. I don't know - at least staring at the WiP and brainstorming or at least thinking about it qualifies as working. Sometimes, you just have to let the subconscious work. As long as you don't do that forever, you're okay! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been doing it lot on this particular WIP... There are some pivot points that I just am not sure how to write yet. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Good luck! You can do anything for 15 minutes, if that's all you have, and it's still progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No worries - I'll bet once you get started you will hit everything on the head for your goals. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did write everyday, but I didn't reach my 15k goal by 3k. Hopefully this week gets better for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This will be the week we concur our writing goals :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so bad with titles, so I feel your pain. One of my CPs named my last manuscript (thank goodness for her!) and the WiP I'm revising now is currently named after the song that inspired it. Best of luck coming up with something amazing for your work! I hope you accomplish all of your goals for the week, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with finding a new title. Hope you meet your goals this week Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals. I need to steal them. I'm doing more editing than writing just now, and that's a task I can always put off :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is the "Mirra" the Snow-Queen-esque one?

    ReplyDelete