Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Writing Bootcamp Update


The past week has been a whirl of writing, reading and family activities.  I'm a bit in shock that it is mid March already and that I'm already on my second Spring Writing Bootcamp Update.

Last week my goals were:


  • finish breaking Slumber in scenes and chapters 
  • rework one or more scenes daily 
  • write 3 blog posts for A-Z a week
  • walk every day, weather allowing
  • spend part of the kid's nap time reading a book on writing

This is how I did:
  • I finished breaking it into scenes and chapters.
  • I reworked 10 scenes.
  • I went for seven walks (doubled up on one day and skipped another).
  • I didn't write any posts.  Uh oh.
  • I only read during one nap...  I sorta wrote during all the other ones.









Here are some pictures I took on my walks. I couldn't ask for a prettier or more inspiring place to live!





Overall I am pleased with my progress.  I worked on my WIP nine consecutive days!
This week my goals are very similar.
  • Write out a list of my April post topics
  • Write seven posts.
  • Rework 5 chapters
  • Read a book on writing 15 minutes a day (whenever I can fit it in since I seem to prefer writing at nap time!)
  • Participate in YA Buccaneer's Walk the Plank Challenge
  • finish the book I am beta reading


 Go team Mountaineers!!!



8 comments:

  1. Go, Sarah! You are doing a great deal of work this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Mountaineers! I am also doing the A to Z thing--I was going to back out but I already signed up in January. I think my posts will be very short; I have this tendency to want to make the posts really informative on my theme but I'm going to be more brief for the sake of time this year.

    I like your idea to read a book on writing for an allotted time! Every few months I pick up a new writing resource which is so helpful to get your mind going in new directions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be cheering ya'll on during A to Z. I'm very jealous of your beach walks. It's going to snow 2-4 inches in Minnesota tomorrow afternoon.

    Good luck on your goals this week. Go Mountaineers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always leave the blog posts to the last, too. I figure if I don't get one finished, that's okay. At least I've accomplished things that will make me feel good. There's always next week, right?

    Go Mountaineers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of your view - such a pretty place you live! Good luck with your goals this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on your goals last week! Your pictures are so pretty. We live near the beach, too, but it's been so cold so I haven't been over to appreciate it. It's finally starting to feel more like spring so I'm excited to start taking more walks over there. Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! Looks like you are rockin' the goals. It has been fun to hop around and see how folks outline their goals. I'll have to do a better job of that in coming weeks. Hopefully they won't just all be the same things each week! :) I hope this week's goals are treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done so well with your goals, Sarah. I like your pictures. You do live in a good area for walking. I miss walking since I have an old dog now. We dream together of times gone by!
    I found you on 'Celebrate' blog hop. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete