Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's Up Wednesday! and IWSG

 This is late but here it is!
What's up Wednesday
What I'm Reading  Um, I'm in over my head in books right now...  I'm still working through my chapter a day classic and a Prayer for Owen Meany (which I like but in small doses).  I've also started reading an advanced reading copy of a book by an amazing author.  I will reveal who and what in a later post :)  Oh and I started Paranormalcy by Kiersten White even though I told myself I really should wait.  Oh well.  What I don't list on my Wednesday posts is that I also have an inspirational non-fiction book and a book on writing going at all times.  So.... lots of reading!
What I'm Writing  I am revising my first book.  I was going to call it Awaken but I have changed the name to Slumber, for now anyway. (Yes, I know the titles are opposite of each other but both of them really do fit!)   I didn't do well on my goals this week but I made progress in spite of that. 
My goal for this week is to spend an hour a day on revisions.  This may or may not be done all at once. 
What Inspires Me Right Now  Today I am inspired by like minded friends. 
What Else I've Been Up To  Where do I start?  My son got his cast off today.  He still has a decent limp but the doctor thinks it is healing well.  We celebrated by going to the beach.  It was raining but after being stuck inside for three weeks we were not going to let that stop us!  The beach is a magical place in the rain.
  I had an amazing time at the homeschooling moms retreat I attended.  It also involved the beach.  Since I didn't have any little people with me I was able to go out past the surf and swim.  I love being eye level with the waves.
  School is starting soon whether I am ready or not so I am trying to get everything in place for that. I'm also getting ready for company. The guest room doubles as a toy room so I'm sure you can guess what shape its in! 
Besides those things I have been faithful to my workout plan for another week.  I'm hoping I can stick to it when my company arrives.

Now for Alex Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group.

 I am surprisingly not insecure this month.  I know I have a lot of work to do to get where I want to be with my writing but I can see myself slowly heading in the right direction and it is extremely motivating.  I'm sure insecurities will sneak up on me eventually but for now I'm going to pretend that they are gone for good and just enjoy writing.

11 comments:

  1. Good for you. :)

    August co-host and IWSG #110

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like she said, good for you!! (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your son got his cast off. I too have a lot of books to read and Slumber seems like a really cool and mysterious title. Nice not to be bogged down by insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the little one is now cast free. I love going to the beach in the rain. It's so calming.

    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the beach in the rain too, and in the winter! I love both titles for your book, and well done on not being insecure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, you are making great progress.

    Beaches are some of the best relaxation places.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you're doing well. :-)

    I'm glad you enjoyed the retreat. Best of luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No insecurity this month? Way to go! You are actually doing a lot, you should be happy. Your son must be so happy to have the cast off at last.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the beach on rainy days! It's so beautiful. Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job, Sarah. As long as you're not insecure, you're doing things right! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I hear you on the "in over my head with books" thing. At one point this past month, I was reading four books at a time too. Crazy! Now it's only three. (Only? Ha!) I think an hour a day on revisions is a great goal for the week. Heck, an hour a day on any form of writing is great. Hope you're having a good week! :-)

    ReplyDelete