Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wandering Thoughts

    What an interesting day today was.  I am so glad that my children are tucked in bed and sound asleep.  I'm hoping they learned the valuable lessons that I was trying to instill in them.  Lessons such as:
  1. Dirty underwear make a terrible hat.  
  2. If you have to scale a pile of boxes to reach something, you probably don't need that item.
  3. If you have to try to lasso something with a jump rope in order to reach a different item, you probably don't need it either.
  4. While you are on top of the boxes, attempting to use a plastic hanger to zip line across the closet is also a bad idea.
  5. Sadly gummy worms are not high on the nutritional scale.
  6. Dancing and napping are not the same thing.
Yes, that pretty much sums up my day.  Now I am resting up before I attempt to put the house back together.  My ice cream maker is humming in the other room. A day like today calls for home made blackberry vanilla bean frozen yogurt. 

    Now that I've shared all of those amazing lessons with you I suppose I should get around to the main reason for this post, my writing!  So far setting monthly goals is  working beautifully for me.  I feel more relaxed and that keeps my writing fun, which is how I like it!  I am less than 10,000 words from where I want to be at the end of the month, I am over halfway through my reading goal and I have a start on my outline for my next project.  Now I need a name for my current work...  Why is finding the right title so hard?  Maybe the frozen yogurt will help.



2 comments:

  1. HI there, I stumbled across your blog from IWSG and have found your recent posts very inspirational! Moreover, I think your life lessons featured here are quite valuable... I could have gone out in public with underwear on my head with only gummy worms in my lunch sack! :-)

    I hope to read more from you soon, but in the meantime, I hope you'll accept my nomination of your wonderful blog for a Liebster Award! Details on this award can be found on my most recent post, here: http://t-says.blogspot.com/2013/03/belated-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. What a great day. So glad you have it all memorialized on this blog for when you're old and gray and all the kids are having this kind of day with their own kids.

    Well, I'm proud of you with your writing. You'll come up with a great title I'm sure.

    Whereas, I'm feeling discouraged with my writing, or lack thereof. I'm trying to get something done today, but just don't feel up to it. Maybe I'll get a glass of wine to kick start my imagination. You go for your frozen yogurt, and I'll go for the wine. :)

    ReplyDelete