Thursday, March 28, 2013

Progress, Goals and Happy Easter!

   I am going to be busy with my family and writing this weekend and will "try" to ignore my blog until A to Z April starts.  Between blogging, writing, homeschooling and traveling to a wedding, April is going to be a busy month.  I'm posting my March progress and April goals now while I have a minute!
     I haven't made all of my goals for March yet but I still have a few days.  I am so close to finishing the first draft of my book.  Its hard to make myself do anything else but write.  I want to reach that mile stone so much.  I expect to be done before April begins.  I only read one YA book this month but now that we are on spring break and I don't have any lessons to prepare I should be able to get that done as well.  I hope!   A relaxing book sounds perfect right now.  I ended up working on character development more than the outline of my next book.  I'm ok with that.  Its a vital step. So, in other words, if I work at it I should be able to achieve my goals but if I don't I am still pleased with my progress.
    April is going to be crazy.  Every time I blink, something else shows up on my calendar.  Its insane.  My only real goal for April is to do the A-Z challenge.  I am excited to be apart of it this year!  I would like to write a bit on my next project while the characters feel so fresh and alive in my head but I want to keep it light and easy this month, so I'm not setting a word count goal. 
    I hope that you all have a wonderful Easter.  I shared this Bible verse last year and I'm going to include it again this year. 

John 3:14-17 
As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up;  so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him

Its hard to stay focused on the real reason for the holiday and not get wrapped up in all of the hype.  I am trying to keep the meaning in Easter for my children this year in much the same way that I did last year.    The main difference is that we are a 39 hour drive from the people we usually celebrate with so I'm trying to keep my little ones busy enough that they don't get to sad about it.

Happy Easter and see you all next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment