Friday, May 24, 2013

Little Buddy Kisses and Sub-plots

It's time for Viclit's Celebrate the Small Things!

Today I am celebrating chubby little arms wrapping around my neck and sloppy kisses in my hair.  After two years of cuddling my youngest son, kissing his fuzzy head and telling him "I love you" he is returning it to me in the sweet way only a toddler can.  He even says "uv you" in my ear.  Two may be a challenging age in some aspects but parts of it are just wonderful.

My second celebration is that I have an idea for a sub-plot that makes me want to sit down and write it now (even though I have a mile long to do list..).  I think it will add some depth and intrigue to my main plot and the idea came just in time.  I have a week to figure it out before JuNoWriMo starts.
Now I am off to make some of my favorite coffee and start tackling my to do list!

14 comments:

  1. My four year old (who is the cuddler) is starting to grow out of it. He still gives me hugs and kisses but they're not the same, they're much quicker and he rarely climbs into my lap for a snuggle anymore. While I enjoy seeing him grow up, my heart is breaking a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bitter sweet when they get bigger. My oldest is starting to be all boy and less cuddly.

      Delete
  2. Gotta love the warm fuzzies from the little ones! They keep you smiling all day long:) Ideas are good. Best of luck with your writing and list of things to do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. During your breaks, sip coffee and write down subplot ideas, and grab as many hugs as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, on both fronts. The love of a child just swells the heart, and finding a new subplot is an exciting venture. Congrats! Writer’s Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A child's love really is special. They can be so sweet and I'm getting ready to flesh out my subplot idea! I'm excited!

      Delete
  5. A child's reciprocal love and first words of endearment are indeed things to celebrate! As are great ideas!

    Stopping by from the hop!

    Brandy's Bustlings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember teaching my son to squeeze my hand three times, our secret way of saying "I love you." Those early years a precious and go by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet and yes, they do go fast. I'm trying to cling to the moments as best as I can.

      Delete
  7. precious!! those are two giant celebrations!
    and you inspired me to add a character for a sweet subplot in my next wip! thanks!

    ReplyDelete