It's time for What's Up Wednesday!
If you are here for my Spring Writing Bootcamp Update and April Wrap-Up it is in the What I'm Writing section.
What I'm reading
What I'm Writing
So to sum up April:
- I exercised most every day.
- I got into a decent writing routine.
- I continued reading about revising and editing.
- Except for the week and a half my toddler was sick (doctor visits, hospital ext.) I wrote 5-6 days a week.
I'm pretty happy with that!
My May Goals are:
- Exercise 5-6 times a week (rain and bears have made walking difficult to do every evening but I got some new workout DVDs)
- Finish this round of edits.
- Read over my fairy tale story so I can finish drafting it for JuNoWriMo
- Write down the random ideas in my head and decide what to draft after the fairy tale story is told. I want to write 50k in June and I only have 20 k or so left in this one.
- Find a critique partner that is willing to get into a series of parallel stories...
What Inspires Me Right Now
"Why do I have to be something? Why can't I just be me?"
-The Giant Mechanical Man
I've also found a lot of inspiration in the book I mentioned earlier, Balanced. It was that book that had me digging through my brain, looking for common themes in my writing and life in the first place. When I saw The Giant Mechanical Man and the quote I posted I was practically twirling in circles. It pinpointed what I was looking for and put words to it.
What Else I've Been Up To
The weather is horrible today, as in schools are closed, roads are flooding, horrible. I've been curling up with my children and listening to the thunder rattle my dishes. We are having a painting, reading, chocolate pancake eating sort of day. I also quit procrastinating and made laundry detergent, primarily because I'm out and I'm not leaving the house in this downpour!